We have had MORE difficulties with this darn website. Please use www.crossfitwar.com from now on. No classes will be held Saturday or Sunday. The CrossFit Charlottesville Super Fit WODs are posted for the weekend and they look TOUGH, impossible for some. Jake, thanks for stepping up and sharing your opinion with everyone in the "comments" section. Fantastic points! I agree with you.
Yesterday WOD threw people off a bit. Everyone was like "that's it"? I don't think it was a walk in the park for anyone. Everyone did great!
Here are the WODs for Charlottesville this weekend:
Event 1: “Individual Skill Test”
- Unbroken L-Sit Hold. You get one attempt at holding your feet off the ground. The legs must be straight. Clock starts as soon as you lift your legs off the ground. (2 minute limit)
- 1 minute rest (rest starts immediately after you fail the L-Sit Hold)
- Unbroken Medicine Ball Chest to Bar Pullups. There will be a medicine ball held between your legs (20/14) and for each rep you do with the medicine ball you will get 30 points. If you drop the ball, you can still do chest to bar pullups, but each rep only counts for 1 point. If you drop off the bar at any point, your attempt ends. (2 minute limit)
- 1 minute rest (rest starts immediately after you drop from the bar)
- Unbroken Max Rep Overhead Squats (135 / 95). Bar starts from the ground. You can get overhead however you want and the time starts as soon as the bar moves from the ground. If you drop the bar or the bar touches your shoulders or head after you have it overhead, your attempt ends. (2 minute limit)
- 1 minute rest (rest starts as soon as you drop the bar)
- 500 Meter Row (no limit)
Each event in the skills test is ranked individually and multiplied by .25 to add to your total score. There is no scaling in the skills test. You must start an attempt at the next skill within 5 seconds after your rest break or you will score zero and be forced to move to the next skill.
Event 2: “Stings Like a Bee”
- 275/185lb Deadlift, 6 reps.
- 24 Double Unders
Time cutoff is 7 minutes. If you don’t finish, your score is total number of reps, but you can’t rank higher than someone who does finish.
Event 3: “Death Becomes Us”
- 6 Minute AMRAP of Max Rep Squat Clean Thrusters (115 / 80)
Starting on the first minute, and every minute thereafter, do 7 for men and 4 for women chest to bar pullups. Score is total number of thrusters. And no, you don’t have to do pullups on the last minute. We will not allow a pause between the squat clean and thruster, so no jerking or push pressing. There must be an unbroken movement from the bottom of the clean to the top of the thrusters. You can pause in the bottom of the squat.
Event 4: “The Great Equalizer”
10 Minute AMRAP
- 20 KB Swings (55# / 35#)
- 10 Goblet Squats
- 5 OH Squats (each arm)
A Goblet Squat means you hold the kettlebell in front of you and it is not allowed to rest on your shoulder. Score is total number of reps. On the swings, we are looking for the kettebell to be pointing straight up overhead and the shoulders totally open. If the bell droops, that’s a no rep.
Event 5: “Train Wreck”
- 50 Box Jumps (~30″ / 24″)
- Lunge Length of Mat (~40 Feet). Men hold 52# Sandbag and 55# kettlebell however they want. Women hold 32# sandbag and 35# kettlebell however they want.
- Run 800 Meters with the sandbag.
- 10 Ground to Overhead (135# / 95#)
- 10 / 5 Muscle Ups
The top 5 men and the top 5 women will compete in event five. The final event score counts double given the smaller number of competitors. Bar positions will be determined by who comes back first from the run. Muscle up stations will be chosen in order of ranking g0ing into the final event. For muscle ups we will need the arms to be fully extended at the bottom and see the wrist turned outward. Time cutoff is 25 minutes and whatever place people are is the final place.
Five Rounds for Total Reps of:
:15 of Thrusters (95/65)
:15 of Jumping Pullups
:15 of Burpees
:15 SDHP (95/65)
Posted on Thu, January 20, 2011